TRANSYLVANIAN EGG SALAD ALSO KNOWN AS “JEWISH EGGS” – “ZSIDO TOJAS”
Try this easy and delicious egg salad variety on toasted bread or served over salad for breakfast or lunch. If you can make it a day earlier it tastes even better. Great with beer on a game night or a quick snack for your ever hungry teenagers. :)
- 8 eggs – hard boiled in salt water, cooled off and peeled. Separate the egg yolks in a bowl to mix with the following ingredients, and egg whites chopped in tiny morsels with a knife.
- 2 Tbs. of butter – softened (take it out of the fridge an hour earlier)
- ½ red onion – chopped or better if you can mash it in a food processor or Magic Bullet.
- 2 Tbs. of sour cream
- salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs. of Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup of scallion greens –chopped
After peeling the hard boiled eggs, cut them in half and separate the yolks in a bowl, crush them with a fork and add all the ingredients: chopped or mashed onion, butter, mustard, sour cream and the seasonings. Mix it well together.
Now cut the egg whites in tiny pieces and add them to the yolk mixture, mixing them well. Adjust the seasonings if needed. Sprinkle some scallion greens on top and you’re ready to serve it. For better results, cover it with foil and refrigerate it for a few hours or overnight and let the ingredients play together. :)
Serve it on your favorite breads, toasted buns over some arugola salad or as a center piece of your favorite salads.
EGESZSEGEDRE! BON APPETITE!
Post a Comment