PORK RISOTTO – “RIZSES HUS”
Yes, sweet people, Transylvanians do use rice in their meals not only potatoes. J This is an easy breezy creation to a quick weeknight meal. Colorful, tasty and healthy, your doctor will thank you :)
- 1 and ½ Lbs of pork – cut in cubes, seasoned with garlic salt, black pepper and paprika (if you marinate the pork ahead of time the seasoning will bring out a very special flavor)
- 1 large onion – chopped
- ½ long Italian green pepper - chopped
- ½ red Bell pepper – chopped
- olive oil- 5 tablespoons
- ½ hot jalapeno pepper – chopped (if desired on the spicy side)
- 1 and ½ cup of white or brown rice
- 1 carton of 32 oz. low salt chicken stock + water
- 1 can of 15 oz. sweet green peas
- parsley leaves – chopped
- salt or Vegeta, black pepper and a pinch of paprika
In a deep dish add the olive oil, chopped onions, green and red peppers and let it simmer without changing color, about 10 minutes. Add the seasoned pork cubes and stirring frequently browning the meat on all sides, about 10 minutes. Now add half of the chicken stock and 1 cup of water, season it with salt, pepper and paprika and let it cook for about 45-minutes, adding a bit of chicken stock and water so the meats are covered with liquid at all times. When the meats are fully cooked, you can add the rice and the rest of the chicken stock with a little water. Season it with fresh black pepper. If you’re using Minute Rice it will cook within 5-7 minutes. Don’t stir the rice too often or else the texture will become mushy. Make sure that there is always plenty of liquid in the risotto while it’s cooking. Don’t worry; the rice will soak up all the extra liquid after you’re done cooking it. When done, add the sweet peas and the chopped up parsley, season it again if needed and let it stand covered for 5 minutes for rest and flavor enhancement.
Now you’re ready to serve 4-6 people with just another healthy and happy meal with a side salad, or some roasted red peppers.
EGESZSEGEDRE! BON APPETITE!
Post a Comment