PAPRIKA POTATOES WITH SAUSAGE
Summer, winter, fall or spring…with this dish you’ve got everything. Quick to prepare, another comfort food that surely will make your taste buds crave for more.
If you can find some of the optional Hungarian Import Goulash and Red Gold creams, as well as the all spice “Vegeta” mix you are able to give some of these dishes the unique Hungarian flavor that we’re so famous for. Yes!
Heat and spice will enhance your life :)
- 6-7 medium potatoes – cleaned and cut in 1 inch squares (keep them covered in water until used, so they don’t turn brown)
- 1 large red/white onion – minced
- 2 cloves of garlic - minced
- ½ red Bell pepper – minced
- ½ green long Italian pepper – minced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pair of your favorite sausage: Polish, Hungarian – thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika (hot or mild) powder, salt to taste.
- Vegeta (all spice), Goulash (hot or mild) cream and Piros Arany (Red Gold) hot or mild paprika cream (optional)
We start with the base of all Goulash and Paprikas. If you know this, you’re half way done in becoming a master in your Hungarian cooking. In a 6qt deep dish start adding your ingredients. Olive oil, minced onions, red and green peppers, garlic. Stir it frequently for about 2 minutes than add your sliced sausages. When the sausages start to brown, add the paprika powder and half a teaspoon of salt or Vegeta. You can always use more salt later if needed. Stir in the cleaned and cubed potatoes; add enough cold water to cover the potato mixture, stir and cover. Always cover foods with a lid but leave enough space for the vapors to fill your house with the aroma of good home cooking.
Now, you’re ready to watch your favorite soaps for a while. :) (About 30 minutes)
Cook it on low heat, stir and taste it occasionally and when your knife can cut through a potato with ease, you’re done! Presentation is everything, so don’t forget to sprinkle that fresh parsley on top. You can serve it with a healthy dose of cucumber/onion/tomato salad or roasted red pepper and some fresh bread on the side…prepare for applause from your family!
EGESZSEGEDRE! BON APPETIT!
Post a Comment