CREAM OF SWEET PEAS
Another marvelous comfort side dish to be enjoyed with your favorite meats or breaded schnitzels. Easy, full of protein and vitamins…done in minutes. Shown here with my vampire killer meatballs :)
- 1 onion – minced
- 2 14oz. cans of sweet pea – liquid discarded
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- Regular or Lactose-free milk – about a cup, depending on the consistency of the sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
- Salt, a pinch of paprika and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
Sautee the onion in olive oil until translucent, add the 1-2 cans of sweet pea, stir in the flour. Mix it well and start adding the milk slowly, stirring it constantly on medium heat. Season it with salt or Vegeta, a pinch of paprika (sweet or hot), and fresh black pepper. When it reached a thick but still slightly fluid consistency add the freshly chopped parsley and it’s ready to serve. It’s a delicious side dish to any steak, sausage, meatloaf, meatballs, chicken or fish.
After all that work, you deserve a nice glass of Chardonnay.
Post a Comment